E-commerce grows and building an online store, rather than a fashion, became a necessity for SMEs. Sales through the Internet are estimated to reach around USD 434 billion by 2018, and this is only in the United States.
Many people, especially millennials, are already used to making purchases online, and payment procedures are increasingly diverse and secure thanks to international products such as Paypal and 2CO, for example, and other locations depending on the country. This brings the customer much closer to the experience of shopping online with more confidence.
In Latin, America eCommerce grows a little slower compared to Europe and the United States, but creating an online business is increasingly a necessity for companies that want to anticipate the competition and look for other sales channels that will be very important in the future.
According to data published by Ami Americas Market Intelligence, corresponding to the year 2016, e-commerce in Latin America grew as follows:
- Argentina: 60% growth in the first six months of that year.
- Brazil: 5% growth during the first half of 2016.
- Chile: 42% growth between 2013 and 2016.
- Colombia: 50% in electronic commerce in the last three years (2013-2016)
- Ecuador: 166% between 2012 and 2015.
- Guatemala: 22.8% in e-commerce between 2013 and 2015.
- Mexico: 59% between 2014 and 2015.
- Paraguay: 31% between 2014 and 2015.
- Peru: had an annual growth of 8%
- Uruguay: an increase of 192% between 2010 and 2015.
The following e-commerce tips and strategies will help you develop a sustainable plan to create your online business, and so you can focus on what needs to be done to succeed.
Tips For Creating A Successful Online Business
Give A Good First Impression
A user takes about 2 seconds to decide whether he likes your website or not.
The design of your page is your business card. To sell, you have to keep your users interested in clicking. That is why it is necessary to be as creative as possible. We recommend that you first see the trends in web design 2018.
Why do the photos matter?
Users will generally remember 80% of what they see and 20% of what they read. Good photos of products along with excellent web design are two areas in which you should invest more.
- To place images on the web page, consider using a white background for the product to stand out.
- It must go large to capture the interest of its user and so that it knows precisely what it is buying.
- Enable zoom so that the customer can see every detail.
- Provide photos of products from all angles, if you do not want or do not have the right equipment, trust a professional photographer, although it is not the most profitable option.
Improve the navigation of your web
Visitors should easily find what they are looking for because if they can not see it, they can not buy it. Your shipping should be friendly and free of complications.
E-commerce sites tend to have a large number of products, so it is common for product descriptions to be short; this implies a problem because the short content generates few resources for search engines.
Easy to apply and effective strategies:
- Add the category “News.” Customers who return to your page will want to see your latest collection. They do not want to explore old things while looking for new products.
- Include a tab “New products” in the main navigation to make it more visible and also to motivate new visitors to stay on your site.
- It must have a “Recently Viewed” function.
- Use drop-down menus
Have a unique idea
In many countries of Latin America, it is very competitive to open a new online store. Being creative and selling something that people do not even know you need should be your starting point.
- What can you do?
- Which skills do you have?
- What products do people want at the local level?
Create a strong USP (single sale proposal)
Each business has that “something” that differentiates it from the others, so we have to identify what others are doing and what they are not doing and then focus on those deficiencies.
If you have a web page, you also need a blog. This is a rule that every company should follow when creating an online business. With your blog, you can increase the number of visits to your website to almost double per month.
If you are one of them who still doubt the benefits of having a blog in a company, today we want you to realize, with our five reasons, of the importance of having a blog:
- Add to your brand image.
- It makes you viral in social networks.
- Contribute to your SEO positioning.
- Greater traffic for your brand from the web.
- It is not expensive, but it takes time.
The more content you share, the more Google likes and little by little, if you do it right, it will position you in the first search results. This gives you a better presence of your brand and recognition of it. But you have to be cautious not to do things that Google penalizes, and it would be a disaster for your online business.
What Should Be Published On Your Website:
- Experiences / personal opinions so that your clients know you or your business, it may seem illogical, but allowing your followers to comment on your products even if they are negative comments can boost the flow of visits to your website and becomes an instrument positive for your site
- The advice of your niche.
- About the history of your store.
Design an attractive page
A page, updated and well designed about your business can arouse curiosity and generate sales of people who were only browsing (invests in design).
On this page, you have to share your brand information, videos, photos that make your products and of course, testimonials.
In addition to this, we recommend that your website use state-of-the-art technology that allows it to be accessible also when the user is without an Internet connection.
You may also read: Learn about the development of Apps with innovative PWA technology.…