I’ve had my fair share of experience with Photoshop and although it is one of the most powerful image editing tools available, it does have a few short comings. Luckily we have plugins that can be added to Photoshop to make life easy. I know from experience that it can take countless amounts of hours searching the internet for quality plugins. I thought since I’ve already discovered some of the most essential plugins that I’d share them with you, well the Best 10 of them…
Plugin Number 1: Web 2.0 Styles
Have you ever wondered if there was an easy way to achieve all those pretty web 2.0 colors without having to mess with blending options ? Well this plugin adds 131 Web 2.0 Styles to your list of Styles that you can apply to any Layer in Photoshop.
Download it here - Web 2.0 Styles
Plugin Number 2: Web 2.0 Logo Styles
Ever wonder how these guys draw their Web 2.0 Logos? Sometimes its nice to learn from others, build up the basic skills and start your own creativity from there. This plugin has styles that are used for some of the most well known Web 2.0 Logos
Download it here – Web 2.0 Logo Styles
Plugin Number 3: Web 2.0 Logo Fonts
Well, not really a Photoshop Plugin, but nevertheless a definite must have for anyone looking to spice up their website with a Web 2.0 Look, These Fonts together with the above styles will produce nice professional Web 2.0 Looking Logos
Download it here – Web 2.0 Logo Fonts
Plugin Number 4: Din Stripe Pattern
A must have plugin to use those fancy Web 2.0 Stripe patterns that everyone seems to have on their website today. You can use this pattern with overlay’s to get different color stripes.
Download it here – Din Stripe Pattern
Plugin Number 5: Skin Smoothing Action
If you’ve ever needed a way to make your photos look more professional, then this is the plugin to use. This is by far the best skin action for Photoshop that I’ve found. If you know of a better one, leave me a comment and I’ll gladly add it here.
Download it here – Skin Smoothing Action
Plugin Number 6: DVD Symbols Photoshop Brushes
If you’re ever designing cover art for a DVD or a movie or are working on a home video and you want it to look professional then these DVD Symbol Photoshop Brushes are the ideal tools for the job. There are many other brush sets out there that include DVD symbols but this is by far the most complete and accurate set that I’ve been able to find.
Download it here – DVD Symbols Photoshop Brushes
So I know I said 10 Best Plugins but there are so many great plugins, its really difficult to break them into the 10 best. So I thought I’d share some resources, sites I visit quite frequently. Here are a few websites you should definitely bookmark.
- http://www.deviantart.com – A great resource for Wallpaper, Flash Source Files, Photoshop Source Files, Photoshop Actions, Photoshop Brushes, Photoshop Custom Shapes, Photoshop Patterns, etc…
- http://www.dafont.com – Now there’s a site I use pretty regularly. It has just about every font you can think of and best of all, the fonts on the website are free.
- http://www.chris-fletcher.com – A great resource with lots of tutorials. ha ha
Hopefully you’ve found this list useful. If you’d like to add to this list, leave me a comment and if I think its useful, I’ll ad it to the list.
So I was reading through the May issue PC Magazine and found a few articles I wanted to share. This particular post will reveal a few tapping tricks for your iPhone.
- Tap the Status bar at the top of the screen ( where the clock usually is ) to return instantly to the top of long pages.
- Hold a finger on a link in Safari to get a pop-up saying where the link goes.
- Tap the bottom left or right corner to scroll left or right.
- Tap with two fingers to zoom out in Maps.
- Drag inside text boxes with two fingers to scroll without scrolling the whole page.
- Double-click the Power/Lock button to send incoming calls to your voice mail.
- Double-click the Home button in any app to bring up the iPod controls.
Feel free to comment and add your own tapping tips / tricks for the iPhone