I’ve had the pleasure of downloading the Developer Release of Google’s new browser, chrome. Right when you launch the application it notifies you that its not appropriate for general consumer use and that the bookmark and password import as well as certain privacy features are not functional yet, but hey who needs those features, all of us Mac users are eager to try out the new browser.
At first glance the browser looks very plain with a view of your six most visited sites similar to version 4 of Safari that was just recently released by Apple. Read more
Want a free blog ? Sure you can get one of those anywhere but these are different. These free blogs come with all the required plugins to make your blog a success. Here is a list of the plugins that are included with each ReadyBlog.
- Add To Any - Help readers share, save, bookmark, and email your posts and pages using any service.
- All in One SEO Pack - Out-of-the-box SEO for your WordPress blog.
- ClickBank Hop Ad - This plugin allows users to add a ClickBank Text Ad as a configurable widget.
- DandyID Services - Retrieves your DandyID online identities and displays them as clickable links in your sidebar. After activating this Plugin: (1) Go to Settings -> DandyID Services to configure the required settings, then (2) Go to Design -> Widgets to add DandyID Services to your sidebar.
- Donate Plus - Donation form. Recognition wall. Donation total tracker. PayPal integration.
- Easy Adsenser - Easiest way to show AdSense and make money from your blog. Configure it at Settings → Easy AdSenser, or use the “Settings” link on the right.
- FD Feedburner Plugin - Redirects all feeds to a Feedburner feed
- Feedburner Feed Stats - A quick and easy way to view the stats for your FeedBurner feed. After activating the plugin, make sure to configure which feed you want to track.
- Feed Subscriber Stats - This plugin will show the number of subscribers according to FeedBurner.
- GD Star Rating - GD Star Rating plugin allows you to set up advanced rating and review system for posts, pages and comments in your blog using single and multi ratings.
- Google Analytics Stats Deluxe - Shows a graph on the Dashboard page, with 3 Google Analytics metrics: Page Views, Visits, New Visits in 3 different colors. All you have to do
- Post-Plugin Library - Does nothing by itself but supplies common code for the Similar Posts, Recent Posts, Random Posts, and Recent Commentsplugins. Make sure you have the latest version of this plugin.
- Sidebar Login - Adds a sidebar widget to let users login
- Similar Posts - Displays a highly configurable list of related posts. Similarity can be based on any combination of word usage in the content, title, or tags. Don’t be disturbed if it takes a few moments to complete the installation — the plugin is indexing your posts.Instructions and help online. Requires the latest version of the Post-Plugin Library to be installed.
- WP-Cumulus - Flash based Tag Cloud for WordPress
- WP-Polls - Adds an AJAX poll system to your WordPress blog. You can easily include a poll into your WordPress’s blog post/page. WP-Polls is extremely customizable via templates and css styles and there are tons of options for you to choose to ensure that WP-Polls runs the way you wanted. It now supports multiple selection of answers.
- WP-Polls Widget - Adds a Poll Widget to display single or multiple polls from WP-Polls Plugin. You will need to activate WP-Polls first.
Aside from all the plugins, you also get to choose from almost 100 different themes for your blog. Give ReadyBlog a try, I’m sure you’ll like it here is the link http://readyblog.org
Just finished compiling a list of 10 free Mac OSX Games that are in my opinion definitely worth downloading and playing. So without further ado, here is the list:
- Frets on Fire – If you are a Guitar Hero fan but are tired of playing the same songs over and over and would like more of a variety of songs then give Frets on Fire a try. They have versions of their software for Windows, Linux and Mac and best of all, its open source so its FREE !
- MAME OSX – Are you a fan of Arcade Games ? You should check out MAME OSX. MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. You can download the emulator for free and then search on google for the games, here are a couple of sites you can get ROMS from: ROM World | ROM Nation | ROM Hustler | Free ROMS. These are sites that I trust and recommend.
- Frozen-Bubble – Do you like puzzle games like Tetris and Zuma ? You should check out Frozen-Bubble. You control a small canon, shooting bubbles and trying to hit other bubbles so to create groups of 3 or more bubbles of the same color. Originally developed for Linux but ported to work on MAC OSX
- Pac The Man X - Who doesn’t love Pac-Man ? Well, I know I do and if you do, then you need to check out Pac The Man X, developed by McSebi Software… Pac The Man X is a perfect clone of the original Pac-Man game and is sure to keep you playing for hours and hours.
- Bull Frog – Are you one to get addicted to games ? If you aren’t then be prepared for Bull Frog, you are sure to be addicted to this game in no time. You’re a Bull Frog trying to eat all types of insects. Definitely give this game a try, it is sure to wipe out your boredom and maybe even consume a small part of your life.
- Mac Solitaire – Is it Solitaire that is keeping you from getting rid of that pesky PC and switching to a Mac, well you are out of excuses now. PCV – Soft has developed a version for the Mac of this popular Windows based game and best of all its free.
- Quinn – A Tetris style game developed specifically for MAC OSX. It features a clean, elegant user interface, beautiful graphics, and smooth, subtle animations for fluid gameplay. Instead of reinventing the game with yet another variation of the rules, the goal of Quinn is to combine the simplicity of the original idea with the genuine Mac experience for perfect user enjoyment.
- Enigma - Enigma is a puzzle game inspired by Oxyd on the Atari ST and Rock’n’Roll on the Amiga. The object of the game is to find uncover pairs of identically colored Oxyd stones. Simple? Yes. Easy? Certainly not! Hidden traps, vast mazes, laser beams, and, most of all, countless hairy puzzles usually block your direct way to the Oxyd stones … ( Versions are available for Windows and Linux as well )
- One Card - OneCard is a Cocoa card game with rules similar to Uno. It is fun for all ages from 5 up. In OneCard you try to play cards which match another card in colour or value. There are also special action cards such as Wild, Skip, Reverse and Draw cards which make the game more interesting. The first player to get rid of all their cards wins the round. The winner then scores points based on the cards left in other players’ hands and the first player to reach the goal score wins the game.
- Oolite - Oolite is a space sim game, inspired by Elite, powered by Objective-C and OpenGL, and designed as a small game that is easy for users to pick up, modify and expand upon. Almost every aspect of the game can be changed by using simple, free graphics packages and text editors. Originally written for Mac OS X, and under continuous development for over four years, Oolite is available for Mac OS X (10.3.9 and higher), Windows XP and Vista, and Linux. It requires at least a 400 MHz processor, 256 MiB of memory, and a graphics card capable of accelerating OpenGL graphics.
Now I know I said 10 games but I just thought of another great game that I just can’t leave off the list. Without it the list would be incomplete so here it is, the 11th game on the list:
- Farmers Mahjong - FarmersMahJongg will create a game setup from which you must try to remove all tiles. You can only pick them up in pairs by clicking the first and double-clicking the second tile. Removable tiles must lie along the edge of one of the tile levels. You can undo a move or let the computer suggest possible moves. If you failed to solve a setup you can decide to restart the last game in order to try another solution. But remember that currently there is no guarantee that a board really has a solution!
So here they are, a list of 11 great games for Mac OSX, hopefully you’ll have as much fun as I do, playing these games. Comments are welcome, and please feel free to contribute to the list but please only list freeware games.