Remove Duplicates on your iPod
Have you ever stressed out about all those duplicate songs on your iPod. I know I have and I’ve recently done some research to help remedy the problem. I found a great free tool for Mac’s that removes duplicates from your iPod and also allows you to copy songs from your iPod back to your Mac.
You can download the program here: YamiPod
Download the software, mount the DMG and the copy YamiPod to your Applications folder. Run the YamiPod Application if your iPod is disconnected you will get the following prompt
Connect your iPod and you will be prompted with the following screen
Select your iPod and type in your FWID also known as the serial number. You can find this ID by following theses steps.
- From the apple menu ( top left of screen ) select About this Mac and click More Info
- In the left column select Hardware and then USB
- In the USB Device Tree you should see your iPod listed, select it
- The FWID is the Serial Number listed in the lower box
Once you enter in the FWID and click OK you may be presented with the following warning
Ignore it, click on Continue, at this point you should have a window with a list of all the songs on your iPod.
To remove duplicates follow these steps
- Tools -> Advanced -> Remove Duplicates
- By default everything being compared will be checked, you can uncheck anything that you don’t want YamiPod to compare, I usually leave defaults.
- Click OK
- If any duplicates are found it will show you which ones it found and give you the option to remove them
To copy songs from your iPod to your Mac follow these steps
- You’ve got several options here, you can copy all the songs from your iPod, a particular album, a particular artist, or a single song.
- In the top left pane you’ll see your artists, select one and it will show you all songs by that artist in the bottom pane, you can Right Click ( Control-Click ) on a song to save a single song or you can Select all and then right click again and click Copy Song To, this applies for any of the configurations in step 1.
- After clicking on Copy Song To, you will be presented with a window with options. Leave the defaults then click on Destination, a window will pop-up that will ask you where you want to copy the songs to.
- Select your destination and click copy.
This software has many other useful features, have fun exploring. Hopefully this tutorial was helpful.
- Manage your iPod with Songbird
- New App – Kid Tunes
- How To: Take A Screen Shot With A Mac
- New App: Swipe Lock
- Ultimate Guide To Backing Up Original Wii Games