HowTo: Check Your Mac’s Model Identifier ( Version )
There may come a time when you need to check your Mac’s version to make sure that your Mac has compatible hardware with certain applications and games, for instance the new release of Angry Birds on the Mac App Store requires OpenGL 2.0 which is not supported on GMA 950 graphics adapters which are used in certain Mac’s. Currently the unsupported Mac’s are as follow:
- MacBook 1,1
- MacBook 2,1
- Mac Mini 1,1
- Mac Mini 2,1
- iMac MA710xx/A
In my honest opinion Rovio Mobile failed in a big way on their part by not doing enough testing and ensuring that Angry Birds would run on all devices. Even if they couldn’t get it to run on older Mac’s they should have added specific system requirements.
To check the version of your Mac just follow the quick tutorial below or scroll down for more detailed screen Shots:
- Click on the Apple in the upper left part of the screen
- Click on About This Mac
- Click on More Info…
- Under Hardware Overview look for the Model Identifier
Let me know if anyone needs any help figuring this out.
- The Truth About Mac’s vs. PC’s
- What To Look For When Purchasing a Used Computer
- Tutorial: Change Eye Color in Photoshop CS4
- Easy PHP Guestbook Part 1 – Does my server meet the minimum requirements ?
- How To: Install Themes On WordPress 2.8