Yes, I’ll be attending the Phoenix Comicon this year May 24th – 27th, Memorial Day weekend. I’m pretty excited about it since this will be the first time I’ve ever gone to an event like this. I’m definitely looking forward to all of the creativeness that people have come up with for costumes this year.
Being a Star Trek fan, it will be exciting to meet some of the cast from the Next Generation including:
- Brent Spiner
- Levar Burton
- Marina Sirtis
- Michael Dorn
- Patrick Stewart
as well as William Shatner…
Tony Amendola, known for his role on Stargate SG-1 as Master Bra-Tac will be there as well and who wouldn’t want to see the original Incredible Hulk? Lou Ferrigno is supposed to be there as well.
Aside from the Star Trek cast and other TV & Film celebrities there will be plenty of other well known people from the Comic scene. Apart from that, I am looking forward to the events that are planned such as:
- Doctor Who Party Like a Time Lord
- High School of the Dead
- Steampunk Ball
All in all, this will be a nice 3 day vacation away from reality… Looking forward to it.
For more information about Phoenix Comicon and to purchase tickets, etc… go to http://phoenixcomicon.com
Remember the old combination dial lock on your locker from high school? Well, Screen Vault brings that same experience to your Mac. Using the rotate gesture of the track pad, you can use the combination dial to unlock your Mac with your personal 3 digit combination.
Don’t have a track pad or don’t want to use a combination lock? Screen Vault comes with another way to unlock your Mac. You can choose between using the combination dial and using a pass pattern to unlock your Mac.
The features don’t end there. Read below for a list of all of the features that come with Screen Vault
- Themes: Change the look of Screen Vault by changing the graphics and text using the built in Theme Designer.
- Unlock Options: Unlock your mac using a combination lock by utilizing the rotate gesture of your track pad or use a pass pattern seen on most Android phones.
- Sounds: Change the way you lock and unlock your mac by choosing your own lock and unlock sounds.
- Intruder Snap Shots: Screen Vault can be setup to automatically take snap shots of intruders when they try to unlock your mac with an incorrect combination or pass pattern.
- Intruder Video Recording: Screen Vault can be setup to automatically start recording the second someone tries to unlock your mac with an incorrect combination or pass pattern.
- Video Surveillance: Screen Vault can be setup to automatically start recording video as soon as you lock your mac. A useful feature if you want to know what’s going on while you’re away.
- iTunes Info & Controls: Control what song is playing in iTunes while your screen is locked or view information about the current song that’s playing. iTunes controls and info are widgets that can be turned on or off in preferences.
- Screen Vault Stats: View statistics about Screen Vault, including intrusions, last intruder snapshot, last intrusion time, your current theme, total up time, etc…
- Snapshot & Video Log: A built in log that allows you to easily view snapshots and video footage of intrusions.
Note About SnapShots and Video: These features will only work if you have a built-in camera.
Note About the Combination Lock: The combination lock only works with the rotate gesture and therefore requires a MacBook with a trackpad or a magic track pad connected to an iMac or Mac Mini.
For instructions on how to use Screen Vault please go to the Support Site.