Agile software development (Agile)
- Pros Minimizes feature creep by developing in short intervals resulting in miniature software projects and releasing the product in mini-increments.
- Cons Short iteration may add too little functionality, leading to significant delays in final iterations. Since Agile emphasizes real-time communication (preferably face-to-face), using it is problematic for large multi-team distributed system development. Agile methods produce very little written documentation and require a significant amount of post-project documentation.
Extreme Programming (XP)
- Pros Lowers the cost of changes through quick spirals of new requirements. Most design activity occurs incrementally and on the fly.
- Cons Programmers must work in pairs, which is difficult for some people. No up-front “detailed design” occurs, which can result in more redesign effort in the long term. The business champion attached to the project full time can potentially become a single point of failure for the project and a major source of stress for a team.
Joint application design (JAD)
- Pros Captures the voice of the customer by involving them in the design and development of the application through a series of collaborative workshops called JAD sessions.
- Cons The client may create an unrealistic product vision and request extensive gold-plating, leading a team to over- or under-develop functionality.
- Pros Creates minimalist solutions (i.e., needs determine technology) and delivers less functionality earlier; per the policy that 80% today is better than 100% tomorrow.
- Cons Product may lose its competitive edge because of insufficient core functionality and may exhibit poor overall quality.
- Pros Promotes strong collaborative atmosphere and dynamic gathering of requirements. Business owner actively participates in prototyping, writing test cases and performing unit testing.
- Cons Dependence on strong cohesive teams and individual commitment to the project. Decision making relies on the feature functionality team and a communal decision-making process with lesser degree of centralized PM and engineering authority.
- Pros Improved productivity in teams previously paralyzed by heavy “process”, ability to prioritize work, use of backlog for completing items in a series of short iterations or sprints, daily measured progress and communications.
- Cons Reliance on facilitation by a master who may lack the political skills to remove impediments and deliver the sprint goal. Due to relying on self-organizing teams and rejecting traditional centralized “process control”, internal power struggles can paralyze a team.
Source material from Wikipedia.
Icons 2.0 is now available on the Mac App Store:
*** The only Icon App on the App Store that exports ICNS, the Mac App icon file with rounded corners and shine. ***
Icons was one of the first native Mac Apps for previewing and generating iOS device icons. Since then, Icons has gone through some major updates and a complete new look.
Icons still does everything that it used to do but now you can do so much more. See for yourself, check out the features below:
● Preview with Rounded Corners
● Preview with Shine & Rounded Corners
● Export with Rounded Corners
● Export with Shine & Rounded Corners
● Add OpenFeint Logo to any of the 4 corners of your icon
● Add Overlay Text ( Supports Font Selection, Color, Size and Position )
● Overlay a Custom Glass Mask
● Adjust the corner radius
● Adjust the Shine Alpha
● Export for iPhone, iPad and iPhone 4
● Export for Android
● Export for Mac ( ICNS support )
● Export Custom Size
● Export iTunesArtwork (512 x 512)
● Set a Custom Icon Name
Icons is simple to use. Just drag your 512×512 image file into the app and Icons will immediately load all of the icon previews to instantly see how your icons will look in all available sizes. What you do from there is up to you, when you are satisfied with the outcome, export your icons for immediate use.
Supports PSD, PNG, TIFF, BMP, JPEG and many other file formats.
If you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues you can visit the support site and leave a comment or email me at email@example.com I try to answer all comments on the same day I receive them.
Please rate and review my application. Icons was developed in my spare time, support Indie developers. Thank you for your support
Check it out in the App Store http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icons/id413612688?mt=12