It is the year 2275, and earth as we know it has come to an end. The last remaining survivors have sought out to restore the planets resources using their unique space crafts known as Elementals. The Elementals have set out into deep space to collect vital elements while avoiding the deathly fireballs of deep space in hopes to restore balance to the once fruitful planet.
Time is of the essence and it’s up to you to help the Elementals in their quest to save their dying planet.
Elementals features hours of gameplay, challenging physics-based world with zero gravity all controlled via the iPhone’s accelerometer. You get 30 levels in easy mode and another 30 in extreme mode that all require extreme logic, timing, skill and lots of patience to conquer. Quite possibly the hardest game that will be on the App Store.
Features a total of 60 levels (Easy / Extreme), accelerometer, Retina Display Support, leaderboards, achievements, Facebook and Twitter Integration
I’ve started development of Elementals about 5 months ago in my spare time. I’ve done all of it myself, coding, artwork, concept and design, etc…
Main Game Menu:
Level Selection Menu:
The above are just a few of the screen shots of Elementals. I am hoping to have everything done and submitted to the app store before the end of January.
Right now I’m working on memory optimization and plugging a few leaks. I encourage everyone to follow Elementals on Twitter and like it on FaceBook to stay up to date.
Beta Testing Begins Soon
If you’d like to be a part of the Beta Testing Team please send an e-mail with your info to [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] with the subject line Elementals HD Beta Testing
Please be sure to include the following:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Device Type: iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch, etc…
- Your website or blog if you have one
Being a part of the Beta Testing Team will get your name / blog / website listed in the credits and also allow you to be among the first to write up a review.
In this screen cast tutorial I cover how to change a persons eye color using Photoshop CS4. The tutorial was creating using Photoshop CS4 for Mac but you should be able to follow along on a Windows version of Photoshop as well, without issues.
Below is the before and after of what we will be doing in Photoshop
For your reference I also have the original image I was working with below, all you have to do is right click and save the image to your desktop, if you want to follow along with the tutorial using the same image.
Now for the tutorial, I have uploaded this tutorial to youtube and linked to it here. Please let me know if you have any questions in regards to the tutorial. I’d also like to add that if anyone has any particular requests for tutorials, just leave a comment with your suggestion. Feedback is always appreciated
So up until now, I’ve posted tutorials about how to mod your wii and how to mod your XBOX 360 and how to burn and backup games but now, I’m going to share with you where to get games from. Not only will you be able to download games but you’ll also be able to download movies, tv shows, applications, ebooks, etc…
Let me throw this important bit of information in, this is not a FREE way to get games, movies, tv shows, etc… If you want free then you should just stick with torrents, spyware and slow download speeds. What I’m about to share with you is a method that I’ve been using for well over 3 years without any problems whatsoever.
As far as cost is concerned, all you’ll ever pay is $15.00 / month at the very most. The price is for 2 separate services. The 1st service is a news server and the 2nd one is an NZB indexing service. More about the terminology later on. I’ll include links to some of the services I’ve been using for the past 3 years at the end of the post.
One more thing I’d like to say before I go into all the details is that this tutorial is written for Mac users but does not limit the ability to apply most information in a Windows environment. The only difference for Windows users will be the software required. I might list a few links for that though, since I’m a nice guy and all.
What are NZB files and what is an NZB indexing service ? Read my other post to find out more information. What are NZB Files ?
What is a News Server and why do I need one ? In a previous post I covered some information in regards to why you would need a news server. You can read more about it here What is a News Server and why do I need one ?
*Tip – Download the evaluation version of Panic Unison from their website and once you’ve got everything setup with your news server and indexing service you can download the full version of Unison from a news server.
*Tip – The same as the above applies to Newsleecher, download the trial and then download the full version from a news server.
NZB Indexing Service:
Free VS. Premium
I prefer newzbin.com, their indexing and search capabilities are far superior to that of any of the free nzb indexing services found online. If you absolutely must go with a free service then I recommend nzbnation.com. You have to register for an account but its free. The reason for my preference of premium vs. free is because of the way you can search and filter results as well as rest assured that what you’re downloading is the right thing.
Premium NZB Indexing Services:
Free NZB Indexing Services:
I haven’t come across any free usenet servers so unfortunately I’ll not be listing any free servers here. However I will be listing relatively inexpensive usenet servers that you can register with and when I say inexpensive I mean somewhere around $10.00 / month with unlimited bandwidth. Take your $10.00 / month for unlimited bandwidth and download speeds of about 800K / second depending on your internet connection and imagine how much you can download over just a 24 hour period. Makes you just want to smile
Ok, you should have plenty of services to choose from. I suggest that you download the required software and at the very least sign up for a news server account from one of the servers mentioned above before continuing with the tutorial.
Configuring Panic Unison:
Assuming that you’ve already downloaded and installed Unison you can follow the steps below to configure Unison with the usenet server you’ve registered with.
First you’ll want to launch Unison and then on the top left corner click Unison -> Preferences
After you click on preferences a dialog box similar to the following will pop-up. You’ll want to click on Edit Servers
After clicking on Edit Servers, another dialog box will pop-up similar to the one below. This is the only thing we’ll need to configure in Unison. This is where all of your server information will go. You’ll need to fill in your server URL, username and password.
After you’ve entered in all of your information, go ahead and click on the OK button and then close the rest of the screens. If you type everything in correctly then you shouldn’t get any warnings. However if there is some sort of issue Unison will let you know. If everything checks out fine, you can go ahead and close Unison. Next we’ll cover downloading an NZB file of the game, movie, tv show, etc… that we want to download and how it will use Unison to download all of the files.
Downloading An NZB:
Now that we have Unison all setup with our usenet server we can go ahead and download an NZB of the game, movie, etc… that we want to download. So for this tutorial I’m going to use one of the free NZB Indexing services since I’m sure that’s what most of you will be using to start with. I’ll be using nzbclub.com
Start out by pointing your browser to http://www.nzbclub.com and you’ll see a page similar to the one below
You’ll notice that directly underneath the search bar are Tabs, go ahead and click on the one that reads XBox 360. You should be presented with some links in the window below the tabs of some XBox 360 NZB files. Go ahead and click on one of the links there. You’ll be directed to another page which has a list of similar filenames. You’ll also see more detailed information such as the files size, age of the report, etc…
Go ahead and click on NZB on the right hand side. Your browser should have downloaded the NZB file and if you’ll look at the file, you’ll see that its associated with the Unison Application. All you have to do now is double click on the NZB file and Unison should open and begin downloading all the parts of the file.
The files that are being downloaded are usually in rar or zip format, included with those files are PAR files, short for parity. These files are included to repair broken archives which is occurs every now and then. In this next part I’ll be covering what to do after your files have finished downloading.
Now here’s the nice part of using a premium NZB indexing service like newzbin for instance. Newzbin has additional information on the NZB file you are downloading, such as region specific information, etc…
Using MacPar To Extract Downloaded Files:
Since most of the files downloaded through Unison will be in rar or zip format and should always include PAR files, and may or may not need to be repaired, I find it easier to just go ahead and use MacPar to extract the files, that way if it finds a problem with any of the archived files it will fix them automatically.
Assuming that you’ve already downloaded and installed MacPar, all you have to do is go into the folder where Unison downloaded the archived files and double click on one of the included PAR files, usually close to the bottom of the folder.
MacPar will load up all of the PAR files and verify each of the archived files and if all checks out OK, MacPar will proceed to extract all of the files and if you’ve downloaded a game, you should end up with an ISO image that you can burn following one of my other tutorials on how to backup and burn Wii and XBox 360 games.
Well that should just about cover it. I know its a lengthy tutorial and its a lot of information to take in but after a while the whole procedure will become like second nature. This method sure beats any torrent, P2P, IRC, etc… download. I’ve not been able to find a faster more reliable way to download online content and am happy to share this information with the rest of the online community.
If you’re in the market for a computer and don’t have the money to purchase a new one, then you might want to consider purchasing a pre-owned / used computer.
With frequent changes in technology it can become quite difficult to know what to look for when purchasing a used computer.
There are many people who will sell you a computer for $400.00 when in reality it might be worth no more then $50.00, but how would you research this ?
There is a simple guideline I use, for one I look at the software I need to run and look at the system requirements and recommendations. The requirements will generally give you just enough to run the software while the recommendations give you enough to run the software comfortably.
Take Windows Vista’s minimum requirements for example:
Processor – 800 MHz
Memory – 512 MB
Hard Drive – 20 GB with 15 GB available
Graphics – SVGA Compatible Graphics Card
Optical Drive – CD-ROM
A used computer with this configuration should cost you no more then $50.00, however those are the minimum requirements and you’ll find that you’ll quickly become frustrated with the performance. If you want better performance, you can double everything, for example:
Processor – 1.6 GHz
Memory – 1.0 GB
Hard Drive – 40 GB
Graphics – 128 MB NVidia
Optical Drive – DVD-RW
A used computer with this configuration should cost you no more than $150.00 and should run Windows Vista smoothly with no issues or frustration. So is this the configuration you need to look for in a used computer, it depends on your software needs. If all you are going to do is run Windows and get online, check e-mail, save pictures, etc… then its sufficient.
The best way to tell what you need is to look at the software and check the hardware requirements then double them, alternatively you could just buy a Mac :)
If you find a used computer that you’re thinking about buying and you have the specs and want me to give you an estimate, just leave me a comment and I’ll do my best.
In this tutorial we will cover the process for installing WordPress 2.8 on Plesk. There is a 2 part screen cast as well as some text you’ll need to read in order to accomplish this. So lets go ahead and get started. Read more
This tutorial should work no matter which operating system you are on, however I am writing it with more emphasis on how to do it on a Mac, since there isn’t any software that will help with backing up original Wii Games on a Mac.
The best thing about this Guide is that if your Wii has a mod chip installed and you have an SD card and a home network, then you wont have to spend any money on any additional hardware. So on to the guide.
- Wii with a mod chip
- Wii with Version 3.2 ( If your version is higher then 3.2 then you must downgrade )
- Wii connected to your network
- A Mac connected to your network
- An SD Card ( Must be less then 2GB )
- WiiOSx Tool - A custom application I developed to aid the process and make life easy. WiiOSx Tool will format your SD Card to the proper specifications, prepare your SD card to install the Homebrew Channel, prepare your SD card to install custom IOS and the Wii HTTP server. Finally, WiiOSx will make it easy to download your ISO. Go ahead and download WiiOSx Tool, install and launch it and then proceed to Step 1.NOTE: Only works on OS X 10.5 ( Leopard )
Step 1: Preparing Your SD Card
The first thing we need to do is prepare the SD card. We will need to format the SD card with FAT16 and then add the necessary applications to it. To do this follow the steps below:
Formatting Your SD Card:
- Launch WiiOSx Tool
- Click the Format SD Card Tab
- Select your SD Card from the Drop Down
- Enter A New Name for your SD Card ( It can be the same name as the current card name )
- Click Format SD Card
Preparing the SD Card for Homebrew Channel Installation:
If you already have the Homebrew Channel installed, you can skip this part and go on to Step 2
- In WiiOSx Tool click on the BannerBomb Hack Tab
- Select your SD Card from the Drop Down
- Choose a version from the Drop Down ( Start with the first and work your way down until one of them works )
- Make sure Erase Card is checked.
- Click Make BannerBomb SD Card
- Take the SD Card and put it into your Wii’s SD Card Slot
- Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze. If it freezes then repeat steps 1 through 5 and choose a different version.
- Click Yes and Install Homebrew Channel
Step 2: Checking Your Wii’s Current Version
The first thing we need to do is check which menu version your Wii currently uses. To do this follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Wii
- On the bottom left hand corner of the Wii menu you should see the Wii Logo. Click on it
- Then Click on Settings
- On the top left corner of the screen you should see your version
- If your version is higher then 3.2 then continue to Step 3.
- If your version is 3.2 then continue to Step 5.
Step 3: Fixing Your Wii
This is a step you need to take if your version is above 3.2 before we begin, we need to prepare the SD Card with the necessary files. If you haven’t formatted your SD Card yet, then follow the beginning of the tutorial. If your SD card has been formatted already then all you need to do is as follows:
- Launch WiiOSx Tool
- Click on the Additional Apps Tab
- Select your SD Card from the Drop Down
- Make sure Erase Card is selected
- Then click on Add Applications
- Wait for it to finish and then insert your SD Card into the Wii’s SD Slot
Follow the steps below to Fix your Wii (This fix will enable WAD’s to run properly on your Wii)
- Update your Wii to the latest version.
- Using “The Homebrew Channel”, open “WAD Manager”.
- Press “A” on the Wii Remote once. The Wii should detect a SD Card. Press “A” again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card. Use the “D-Pad” to select “IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad”. Press “+” to install the WAD. Once installed, press the “Home” button, to restart you Wii.
- Using “The Homebrew Channel”, open “Custom Manager”. Using the same method as in “Step 3″, install the “cIOS_Fix.wad”. Once installed, press the “Home” button, to restart you Wii.
- Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions on the screen and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.
- Using “The Homebrew Channel”, open “Install Shop IOS51″. Use the “D-Pad” to select “Yes”, and install “IOS51″, by pressing “A”. Use the “D-Pad” to select “Yes”, and install the IOS Patch, by pressing “A”. Use the “D-Pad” to select “No”, and DO NOT install the “Wii Shop Channel”.
- Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager ’. Install ‘WAD MANAGER 1.3’.
- The Wii is now able to install WADs and Homebrew Apps should work properly now.
Step 4: Downgrading Your Wii To 3.2
- Using “The Homebrew Channel”, open “Firmware Downgrader”.
- Press the ‘A’ button on the Wii Remote. You should be presented with a list of different firmware versions. Select and press ‘A’ on one of the following:
- 3.2J = Japan Firmware
- 3.2U = American Firmware
- 3.2E = Europe Firmware
- Press the “Home” button on the Wii Remote to restart the Wii.
- Using “The Homebrew Channel”, open “Install Shop IOS51″.
- Use the “D-Pad” to select “Yes”, and install “IOS51″, by pressing “A”. Use the “D-Pad” to select “Yes”, and install the IOS Patch, by pressing “A”. Use the “D-Pad” to select “Yes”, and install the “Wii Shop Channel”
- Using “The Homebrew Channel”, open “Mii Channel Updater”.
- Use the “D-Pad” to select “Yes”, and install “Updated Mii Channel”, by pressing “A”.
- You are now on the Wii Firmware 3.2X and can use the Mii Channel and Shop Channel.
Step 5: Installing cIOS249
- Start the Homebrew Channel
- Launch the Custom IOS249 Installer.
- It should only take a few seconds before the IOS is installed.
Step 6: Starting The HTTPD Server
- Start the Homebrew Channel
- Launch the WiiHTTP Dumper
- Once it loads, it will connect to your network, and display the IP address of the Wii.
- Insert the Wii Game that you want to backup!
Step 7: Downloading Your ISO
- Launch WiiOSx Tool
- Click on the ISO Tab
- Type the Wii IP Address that is displayed from the HTTPD server into the Wii IP Address box
- Click on Save ISO To, to select a location to save your ISO to.
- Select the type of ISO you are creating, the choices are do-wii-sl.iso (Wii Single Layer Disc), do-wii-dl.iso (Wii Dual Layer Disc), do-gamecube.gcm (Game Cube Disc).
- Click Save ISO, the process can take anywhere from 1.5 to 5 hrs. depending on your connection speed.
I will not charge for WiiOSx Tool but I’m hoping that I’ll at least receive some donations for my hard work. You can use the form below to donate any amount you wish.
[donateplus] [donorwall title='Donor Recognition Wall']
So I went out and bought an XBOX 360 the other day and the first think I did after opening the box of course, is, I took it apart to have a look at the guts. I purchased the Arcade version of the 360 which came with a Lite-On DVD drive, and so the search began.
Being new to the whole XBOX community I had no idea how to go about modding it so that I can play backup’s and the tutorials on the internet are not very descriptive for a new comer. So I found a few sites with some good information and found all the tools I needed after hours of searching.
So now I’d like to give back to the community and write a very simple easy to understand tutorial, as well as providing you with all of the necessary tools and show you how to flash mod the xbox 360 to play copied games. It should be noted that this is an xbox 360 liteon drive mod and wont work for any of the other DVD drives.
This mod is considered a soft mod for the XBOX 360 and will allow you to mod the xbox 360 without a mod chip. This is done by flashing the firmware of your xbox 360 dvd-drive.
- ixtreme_15.rar – Download this file, it has everything we need in it. Thanks to ixtreme we can save ourselves a lot of time.
- A PC with an available SATA port as well as a COM ( DB-9 / Serial ) port.
- TX Probe, Scroll down for a schematic on how to build one, or pay me $20.00 and I’ll send you one.
- Disassemble the XBOX 360 and take out the DVD Drive – Look for a tutorial on YouTube
There are 4 Steps to this tutorial, they are:
- Building The TX Probe ( approximately 30 min. depending on experience )
- Preparing Your XBOX 360 DVD Drive ( approximately 15 min. depending on experience )
- Key Dumping ( approximately 5 min. depending on experience )
- Flashing ( approximately 5 min. depending on experience )
- Disassemble XBOX 360 — 30 min
- Follow My Tutorial — 55 min
- Reassemble XBOX 360 — 20 min
- Playing Any Game You Want — Timeless !!
Building The TX Probe:
For your convenience I have hyperlinked all the parts back to their respective Radio Shack links.
- 1 x 10K Ohm Resistor
- 1 x 1K Ohm Resistor
- 1 x NPN Transistor (2N2222)
- 1 x Female DB-9 Connector
- 1 x Male Molex Connector
- 1 x Probe, from a multimeter would be fine.
Optional ( To Make It Look Nice ):
- PC Board
(All of these parts should be readily available at Radio Shack)
Note: Don’t want to build one yourself ? or can’t seem to do it right ? Purchase one from me. I’m selling them for $40.00 each.
Click The Button to add it to the cart [wp_eStore:product_id:5:end]
Preparing The XBOX 360 DVD Drive:
Before we can do anything else we need to make sure that the XBOX 360′s DVD drive is half open. To do this push the eject button on the XBOX and after the drive is fully open remove the connection cable from the back of the drive and then push the tray until it is half open. DO NOT RECONNECT THE CABLE YET.
Before we reconnect the cable we need to remove pin 3. This pin controls the opening / closing of the tray. With this pin removed the XBOX will not be able to eject or close the drive tray.
Now that we have the DVD drive set the way we want we can move on to the next step.
Connect your XBOX 360′s DVD drive via the SATA cable to your computers SATA port and power on your drive. If you are powering your drive from the XBOX 360, then make sure that you removed Pin 3 from the connection cable before turning the 360 on.
Assuming that you’ve already downloaded ixtreme_1.5.rar we can move right along and open up jungleflasher.exe which you can find in the JungleFlasher .26 BETA folder within the folder that has the extracted contents of ixtreme_1.5.rar
- Go to the DVDKey32 tab and go through the I/O ports until you see the info for your liteon drive under drive properties.
- Make sure your drive is ejected and pushed in half way. Select your COM port, connect your TX Probe and probe to the Tx (R707) point while pressing the Get Key Button.
- Save all the files to a folder
Note: If you get an error saying your hardware isn’t working. check over the adapter make sure everything is correct. try testing it with a multimeter. If all else fails, you may need to buy/build a “proper” max232/max3232 adapter.
If the above step worked, dump the key another two times just to be sure you get the same key! and SAVE ALL THE BIN FILES TO A DISK OR USB STICK – THIS IS YOUR BACKUP LIFELINE.
- Go to the FirmwareTool32 tab and click Load From Dump Files.
- Select the files you saved previously, and chose where to save the dummy.bin
- Click Open Target Firmware and select ix15-liteon.bin which you extracted from ixtreme_1.5.rar. It should show YOUR KEY in the box
- Press Spoof Source to Target and save your CFW.bin
You should now have the keys dumped, and your new firmware spoofed. We can now proceed to the next and final step.
Now that we have everything prepared, we can flash the firmware of the DVD drive. Up until now we have not modified anything on the DVD drive. If you want you can put your XBOX 360 back together right now and it will still work.
Although its almost impossible to brick your drive with this method, there’s still that 1% chance that something can go wrong. Please know that I am not responsible for what happens to your 360. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself then scroll down to the bottom and read my instructions for sending me your XBOX 360 so that I can do the mod for you.
- Turn your DVD drive off and then back on, then go to the MTK Flash 32 tab. select the sata port which displays the info for your liteon.
- Press Lite-On-Erase.
- Once you see the “…” quickly turn your drive off and back on.
- When that’s finished it should display xx72 and some flash information. this means your drive is ready to be flashed!
- Click the Write button. It should flash and verify all 4 sectors. if all goes well you are done!
Hopefully just as with my other tutorials, you have enjoyed this one or at least found it useful or helpful. Well as always if I left something out or there’s something I could simplify then leave me a comment and I’d be happy to edit the tutorial.
Purchase TX Probe:
$40.00 is all it will cost you, the TX Probe is required for Flashing Lite-On DVD drives since the drives keys need to be dumped and spoofed.
Just click the Add To Cart Button and checkout. [wp_eStore:product_id:5:end]
Purchase XBOX 360 Mod:
$50.00 Flat Fee To Mod ANY Version of the XBOX 360
Price Includes, MODDING of 360′s DVD Drive, CD containing your DVD Drives Orginal Firmware, Key, Identify and Inquiry .bin files, and one (1) backup game of your choice!
NOTE: Your Xbox360 will have to be opened to apply the hack which WILL VOID your Warranty if you have one, or you can take the Warranty sticker off under the faceplate (some are small and silver, others are a big white/green square)
I offer no compensation or guarantee for you voiding your warranty while trying to take it off, by getting me to mod your console you accept that your warranty(If still valid and not removed) WILL BE VOIDED!
How To Order:
Leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I’ll send you a payment link with a ship to address and instructions.
XBOX 360 Modding FAQ:
Q: Can my 360 be flashed back to its original unmodded state?
A: YES! When you get your 360 flashed by me, I will give you a CD which contains the DVD drives original Firmware for that very reason! Please keep the CD safe and don’t lose it.
Q: Do you offer a guarantee or replace my 360 if you break it?
A: No I offer no guarantee, but if your 360 gets messed up while flashing, I will replace it free of charge.
Q: Once my xbox 360 is modded, is there any way I can accidentally brick, break or ruin my xbox 360 or the MOD(or hack) will mess up or ruin my xbox 360?
A: NO. The MOD (or hack) is applied to the DVD drive itself, nothing inside the 360(Mainboard, CPU, GPU, etc) is touched. The MOD is a “Firmware” hack and its physically impossible for it to ruin/brick/mess up your Xbox 360.
Q: Can I play on Xbox LIVE without getting banned?
A: YES! The latest hacked firmware (iXtreme 1.51) offers excellent protection from getting banned from Xbox LIVE. There is always a risk of getting banned, but the chances are very low. You can safely play Wave 3 games now without worry of being banned! There is always a risk of getting banned, but the chances are very low. You can only be banned from playing an improperly burned game or someone who is inexperienced and flashed your xbox wrong.
Q: Do you offer compensation if I get banned from Xbox LIVE?
A: NO. I offer no guarantee/compensation of ANY kind if you get banned from XB LIVE.
Q: Is this LEGAL?
A: YES. Having backups of games is LEGAL if you own the original copy. See legal Disclaimer below…
Copying or downloading games that you have not legally purchased or own is illegal in all countries. This violates not only laws in your own country, but international copyright laws as well. The purpose of the firmware hack is for making backup copies of games that you legally own. Software piracy is illegal carries a huge penalty if convicted, is ethically wrong, and hurts the game companies. Support the game developers by purchasing the games you play. You wouldn’t work for free would you? I am offering a SERVICE to those who cannot make backups of the games they legally own. I am not charging money for the game, but for materials, wear and tear on our dvd burners and for making the backup. Chris Fletcher is not affiliated with ANY of the companies, Microsoft, Xbox 360 or any others.